Tuesday, June 06, 2006

and i feel fine


We seem to have made it through the demonic day of hell spawn unscathed. Lava and lightening filled tornadoes wouldn’t sound that complicated though when compared to the act of God called adulthood. For some reason having placed yourself in a quality position doesn’t make the decision making any easier. I recall an English IV AP paper I wrote that compared the comparative happiness of the educated versus uneducated based upon Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein. Sadly I don’t remember my conclusion and I got a virus here freshman year that wiped out my hard drive.

Now I sit here a graduate, clinging on to rentable laptops and free wifi on the south mall at midnight checking to see if anyone wants to offer me a job. I have achieved the slacker stereotype.

So in the meanwhile why not have that Austin summer you always dreamt of. Swim, run, and fetch to your heart’s desire. Stroll around the capitol at night and look at fountains. Build a sand“castle” and get a sunburn before the clock runs out. These are the days of our lives.

No comments: