Tuesday, July 05, 2005

le tour de tejas


i'll call it the great extended indepence weekend of reccuring themes 2005.

canada day friday started with me going to cycle world again to buy bike tubes and soon after figuring out that new tubes also refuse to fill up. after drowning my flat tire sorrows in a two-for-one pizza deal from pizza classics, i find myself with nick and others on our way to hang out with the real world austin cast at some san antonio bar that i forget the name of. for legal reasons, plans changed at the last second which was fine since i hadn't seen the show and could generally care less for the show. the plan change involved us and dissolved real world groupies hanging out in line for popular downtown gay dance club. me not being gay and nick not being gay and neither of us having homosexual worthy dance moves, back out at the last second and called it a canada day night soon after.

saturday morning i downed a few more pieces of my wonderful discount pizza, which was cold seeing as i still didn't have a microwave, and threw my discount bike tubes in my trunk. third trip in a week to cycle world discovered that my pump bought in trip one and not the tubes bought in trip two was the problem. also being in a bike shop that often makes you catch lance fever and almost makes you almost want to buy a yellow wrist band. from there i was out of town. i stopped in austin to pick up jennifer, picked up a bit more of the lance vibe with banners draped everywhere, and picked up some austin nostalgia seeing as i hadn't been back since i moved out. our ride to conroe involved jen warning me not to see war of the worlds, agreeing that the real world was the stupiest thing ever, and her repeatedly ejecting my ben folds cd i had just bought at cheapos. at home i soon discovered that my nephew's 6th birthday involved not surprisingly a pizza party. four more pieces of pizza accomplished my mom and i decided to check out the new conroe theater and see the only late showing which of course was war of the worlds. in an even later showing back at the house i was about asleep when an hour and a half showing of real world austin came on. i mean, come on, i was feeling all nostalgic for atx so how could i resist?

the late owlness and all day pizza diet apparently put me out until 12:30pm on sunday which may be the latest i've ever slept. a chat with dad over mom's pork roast lunch attempted to teach me that i should never go near another gay dance club. soon after my mom and i were off to watch fireworks at my aunt's lake house and my dad was off to photograph a wedding that i would later find out was done by a gay preacher who proceeded to take advantage of the first slow dance of the recpetion with his partner. my dad didn't tell me if he took a picture. oh, and at my aunt had luckliy just cooked a nice big pork roast for dinner.

america day monday was pretty unique seeing as it involved cliff diving with david and tacos and gretchen all back in austin - though jennifer is still a music nazi on the way back. oh yeah, i jammed my knee into some rock climbing out of the water and gretchen jammed her knee through a glass pane in her door and so we were both sitting there pretty gimp with various amounts of blood coming out of both of us. the late drive last night involved the windows rolled down, fireworks going off all the way down I-35, ben folds playing loudly on the speakers, and my parent's 30 year old wedding present microwave nesteled in the back seat alongside a new bike pump and a pair of inflated schwinn tires.

today i overslept and ate warm leftover pizza.

No comments: