Saturday, September 18, 2004

all roads lead from rome.

Roma is quite a town. I could have just stood in the middle of that huge intersection and watched cars flying past me all day. Especially when you look all around and close to a thousand people you don´t know on their way to somewhere.

I didn´t know where i was going half the time and that´s when I understood this whole italy excursion. You can go on the planned field trips and listen to your art history professor talk forever but there´s no point to it all if you don´t run off on your own (or a least with leyla and andrew.) on that note, late night jazz music in front of the pantheon is a great new memory. dinner with smilja and her son milos right up there too.

pompeii was great. pompeii brothels are great. the other dead volcano place was even greater. rinsing oneself of basalt sand in a cutain less shower is difficult. and will hale ever figure out how to use a bidet?

We covered much ground on the way home. And despite what my Dave Mathews impression might say, I´m burned out on pizza.

No comments: