Thursday, February 21, 2008

continuum

I've hit that stride. Back in school, any chance to slow down is a chance to prepare for the next semester or catch up on your sleep. Happily, my winter break just keeps plowing through the humidity and I find myself well rested with my belly full. Sure there're rumblings of the next MS150, the next garden harvest, and the next work project that will lay claim to my year, but I figure it's best not to rehash just because it worked before. That's the next semester method. The key, or as I've figured out in the blog run, is to go opposite of the default.

So this eve of the anniversary of the latest big push has me wondering where all the time has gone. I think it went a lot of places and I'm just starting to see the fruits and vegetables of my labors. In the very least, I've got the mantle full of yellow quash seedlings, tired of their daily waterings, just aching to get their roots dirty. Hold on little guys. This is just the beginning of the end of the beginning.

You didn't think we were done, did you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

back in school? what have u been doing these days? i miss the warmth of texas. it did snow quite a lot this morning and there are some undergrads building a giant snowman in the main plaza of school right outside my studio window but... it's still cold.. and now starting to rain. :)