Sunday, February 05, 2006

the only thing anybody ever really cares about

is love. despite everything else you spend your life doing or working on, it's all details comparatively. we all just secretly want our own piece of the pie, and knowing that the six point something billion people of the world basically divvy up half and half, it all seems easy. same goes for you ten percenters. find yourself someone who kind of looks like you and does what you do and there you go. love. as obi wan kenobi once said, all you need is love.

but it's far from that simple. it's a many complicated thing. it's a lust/trust/comfort thing. it's time and distance. it's two random people crossing the stars and hoping to collide or at least have enough gravitational pull to orbit for a bit. the more stars you pass the more you learn how infinitely complex our universe is.

and suddenly going from curious astronomer to wandering astronaut shows that outhere is not exactly what i'd expected, yet again nothing i had necessarily planned for. ask any astronauts you know and they'll tell you the same. wait i think i'm about to make a point. i'll share all my otherworldly knowledge with you kids.

it's not easy and that's what makes it worth it. i wish i could say more, but it's as simple as that. i think. oh, you'll understand when you're older. what? yes, i know. okay, well goodnight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i rest my case

Anonymous said...

Eileen has a case?

Anonymous said...

As for you... I make my own correlations. Must elaborate. Even you have a soft side. That rugged, unshaven, fat-faced exterior you present to the world, that's just a facade, hiding a freeze dried marshmallow inside. And I'm glad you're more aware of love. And I hope it does effect you. I'm past effectation.

And if you didn't post in my LiveJournal, ignore this entirely. But if there's someone else in the world who could speak of freeze dried orange fanta and quote Garden State, all while talking in the first person, completely unaware the reader may have no idea who they are, I don't know who it is.

I wish I'd just go away sometimes.