Monday, December 20, 2004

there's no place like home for the holidays

by now the words ciao and si have completely left my vocabulary and i found myself yesterday dropping a mornin' to an old guy walking down the steet. i'm sure if i replaced it with buon giorno, i'd get a perplexed smile back and he'd walk a little faster.

driving back into austin made me realize how much i do enjoy being from texas, with the fields and cows and other classic symbols of americana. seeing friends though, made me realize that whole thing about home = friends and family to be quite true. but now i'm at my conroe family home and i have to say it's nice to come back during christmas. even returning to hyden's isn't so bad seeing as they're piping in sleigh ride over the speakers 24/7. actually i am tired of that already, but at least the food is even better than i remember.

ps. i had no hand in the christmas lights this year so please forgive the animatronic flying reindeer.

No comments: